Postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Tuesday - December 4th, 2018 @ 4:00 PST
The Language of Math and the Key Tools Needed to Understand It!
- What is a language / Is math a language
- Explaining abstract representations using visual representations
- How the words we use to describe math concepts matter
- Examples of where math is made harder because of our language
- Math vocabulary is critical for ongoing success
- How a change in language, with a visual representation, can make complex, abstract concepts make sense
Click the Add to Cart Button and register for the webinar!
Completed Pre-recorded and Edited Webinars
Making the Connections between Elementary Math and Algebra 1
- What is math?
- How to make math connections between number and value
- The elementary building block of math
- A simple overview of math operations
- Recognizing what changes in the levels of arithmetic
- Hands-on, multisensory demonstrations of elementary math that translate directly into high school mathematics
How to Teach Operations with Fractions
- Parts of a fraction and why they matter
- Which fraction is larger
- Showing how to make equivalencies
- Simplifying (reducing) fractions
- Addition/subtraction of fractions
- Fraction of a fraction (multiplication)
- Division of fractions (not just flip and multiply)